Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver FPIWPP4201B, 'Plan and coordinate panel production'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan and coordinate panel production' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan production
2. Monitor panel production performance
2.1. Applicable Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), environmental, legislative and organisational requirements relevant to planning and coordinating panel production are identified and followed
2.2. Variations in panel characteristics are assessed, recorded and reported to operators
2.3. Panel production schedules are produced and applied in line with site procedures
2.4. Panel type and sizes including order information are planned, scheduled and communicated to operators
2.5. Production methods are planned and prescribed
2.6. Communication with others is established and maintained in line with OHS requirements
2.7. Production methods are reviewed for suitability to planned schedules and production orders
2.8. Panel production is monitored for effectiveness of forming, laminating or veneering procedures and condition of panels
2.9. Assistance is provided to operators with the evaluation of panels and production problems
2.10. Panel management and output are monitored to record possible process improvements
2.11. Panel production, major problems and equipment faults are investigated, recorded and reported in line with site requirements
2.12. Processes for rejecting and disposing of sub-standard panels produced are developed in line with site procedures and environmental requirements
3. Coordinate panel production
3.1. Production and output are monitored to record and action possible process improvements based on production methods and panels being processed
3.2. Modifications are made to production methods or schedules to ensure optimum performance and communicated to operators
3.3. Production improvement modifications are documented and communicated in line with site procedures
3.4. Production output details are obtained and recorded in line with site requirements
3.5. Produced panels are directed to storage or transferred for further processing
3.6. Operating logs and cutting records are completed and maintained to site standards