Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver FWPCOT3254, 'Implement environmentally sustainable work practices in the work area/work site'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement environmentally sustainable work practices in the work area/work site' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
1. Examine work site/work area in relation to environmentally sustainable work practices
1.1 Source information on environmental and resource efficiency systems and procedures.
1.2 Measure and document current resource usage.
1.3 Investigate and document current purchasing strategies
1.4 Examine current work processes to assist in identifying areas for improvement
2. Set targets for improvement
2.1 Seek input from stakeholders, appropriate personnel and specialists about providing solutions for work site/work area environmental issues
2.2 Consider alternative solutions to work site/work area environmental issues and communicate to appropriate personnel
2.3 Set environmental and resource efficiency targets
2.4 Develop an environmental and resource efficiency improvement plan for work site/work area
3. Implement environmental and resource efficiency improvement plan
3.1 Source appropriate techniques and tools to assist in achieving efficiency targets
3.2 Integrate the environmental and resource efficiency improvement plan with other operational activities
3.3 Seek suggestions and ideas about environmental and resource efficiency management from appropriate personnel and stakeholders, and implement where appropriate
4. Monitor performance
4.1 Document outcomes of efficiency targets and communicate to appropriate personnel and stakeholders
4.2 Review targets and environmental and resource efficiency improvement plan
4.3 Set new efficiency targets, and apply new tools and strategies where appropriate
4.4 Promote successful strategies and where possible, reward participants