Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver FWPCOT5207, 'Implement sustainability in the workplace'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement sustainability in the workplace' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
1. Participate in the review of sustainability practices
1.1 Review existing policies and workplace processes and procedures for incorporation of workplace sustainability practices.
1.2 Provide information to assist in defining scope of workplace sustainability requirements.
1.3 Document recommendations and provide feedback for changes to policies, processes and procedures.
1.4 Provide feedback on draft policy and strategies to effectively integrate sustainability within operational area/s.
2. Prepare for implementation
2.1 Assess sustainability policy and implementation requirements in consultation with appropriate personnel.
2.2 Determine appropriate targets and indicators in consultation with appropriate personnel.
2.3 Determine resource requirements and implementation timelines.
2.4 Identify processes and develop action plans to facilitate policy implementation.
3. Manage the implementation process
3.1 Communicate sustainability policy, changes to processes and procedures, targets and indicators resulting from new sustainability policy.
3.2 Provide support to staff to meet sustainability responsibilities.
3.3 Monitor achievements against action plans and update plans as required.
3.4 Develop processes to continually review effectiveness of sustainability policy and practices.
4. Evaluate implementation of sustainability policy and practice
4.1 Evaluate targets and indicators and assess performance on an ongoing basis.
4.2 Seek feedback from staff on ability to meet targets.
4.3 Evaluate changing trends and consider opportunities for improved sustainability policy and practice.
4.4 Develop reports on evaluation recommending improvements.