Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver FWPTMM4203, 'Install and commission CNC software'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Install and commission CNC software' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
1. Prepare for software installation
1.1 Diagnose program format and operational purpose and identify specified applications.
1.2 Check specifications for intended operating conditions.
1.3 Check program instructions for compliance with specifications.
1.4 Counter set software timers to specification.
2. Install automatic process machine control programs
2.1 Select appropriate program loading technique.
2.2 Connect external loading devices correctly to automatic process machine control system.
2.3 Place machine control system in correct operational mode to accept program loading.
2.4 Download program in line with manufacturer's recommended procedure.
2.5 Check during and after downloading to ensure accurate and complete data transfer.
2.6 Disconnect external program loading devices and connections from process and machine control system.
3. Commission automatic process and machine control program
3.1 Monitor operation of equipment using the program for accuracy and safe performance.
3.2 Measure and check outputs for compliance with specifications.
3.3 Check external inputs for compliance with specifications.
3.4 Check total operation for compliance with specifications and resolve any issues.
3.5 Identify location for storage of program master copy and store accordingly.
3.6 Record installation and commissioning process and problems and report to appropriate personnel.