Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- Assessment Matrix
- Wiki Markup
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- Moodle Outcomes
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver FWPWPP3201, 'Produce veneer from debarked logs'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Produce veneer from debarked logs' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
1. Prepare for peeling
1.1 Review work order and where required check with appropriate personnel.
1.2 Select appropriate personal protective equipment and check for operational effectiveness.
1.3 Obtain type and quantity of debarked logs for peeling or slicing.
1.4 Plan veneer peeling or slicing process and thickness in line with work order.
2. Peel veneer
2.1 Use equipment in line with organisational safety procedures, manufacturerâ€™s instructions and environmental protection practices.
2.2 Check suitability of log size and condition and load into lathe.
2.3 Place drive logs to maximise available veneer and remove waste product.
2.4 Set veneer peeling or slicing process for optimal veneer recovery and grading.
2.5 Adjust machine speed and control of veneer cut to suit log characteristics.
2.6 Dispose of defective material and log cores in line with environmental protection practices.
3. Complete operator maintenance
3.1 Follow organisational safety procedures to lock out equipment.
3.2 Check cutting blades for bluntness or damage.
3.3 Remove and replace cutting blades in line with manufacturer's recommendations.
3.4 Dispose of used blades in line with environmental protection practices.
3.5 Keep machine clear of dust and debris in line with organisational safety procedures.
3.6 Record and report production outcomes, equipment faults and maintenance requirements to appropriate personnel.