Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTADM001, 'Administer and coordinate Telehealth services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Administer and coordinate Telehealth services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Develop and maintain Telehealth networks
1.1 Establish and maintain Telehealth networks using communication skills to develop trust and confidence with diverse people and groups
1.2 Use, update and share Telehealth service provider information with health professionals and other colleagues
1.3 Develop and refine approaches to Telehealth service provision by pro-actively identifying and using opportunities to update and expand own knowledge
2. Maintain compliance with ethical and legal requirements
2.1 Determine risks associated with the sharing of information on Telehealth platforms
2.2 Ensure collection, use and disclosure of patient information is consistent with information privacy principles and fulfilling duty of confidentiality in line with workplace policy
2.3 Recognise and respect patient rights, care and safety in line with organisation policy and duty of care regarding all aspects of the Telehealth service
2.4 Perform all work within the boundaries of responsibility and refer problems to supervisor and/or other appropriate health professional
3. Support Telehealth service provision
3.1 Ensure referral or request is received and reason for referral and/or clinical requirements are clear and are correctly identified
3.2 Contact service providers and organise care according to doctorâ€™s request in line with organisation protocol
3.3 Coordinate information and information flow to meet consultation requirements
3.4 Identify and respond promptly to routine administrative Telehealth service problems
3.5 Pro-actively support colleagues with Telehealth services, share information and provide accurate information in response to queries
4. Complete Telehealth administration
4.1 Manage appointments, recall and reminder systems for Telehealth as per doctorâ€™s instructions
4.2 Complete Telehealth financial administration tasks according to billing systems and specific Telehealth requirements
4.3 Maintain client documentation according to organisational and compliance requirements
5. Contribute to evaluation of Telehealth services
5.1 Measure and benchmark performance using agreed methods and tools
5.2 Monitor and evaluate systems and promote risk reduction strategies in line with legal and ethical standards
5.3 Promote compliance with accreditation requirements related to Telehealth
5.4 Implement and evaluate change in conjunction with colleagues to ensure goals are achieved