Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAHA004, 'Support client independence and community participation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Support client independence and community participation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Clarify the relevance of independence and community participation to rehabilitation goals
1.1 Clarify rehabilitation plan details with the supervising health professional
1.2 Work with the supervising health professional to identify client access support requirements and daily living activities that need to be addressed as part of the rehabilitation plan
1.3 Work with the supervising health professional to identify the function of community rehabilitation in supporting client access and daily living activities that could enhance progress against rehabilitation goals
1.4 Participate in rehabilitation planning, involving the supervising health professional and client, to provide adequate and appropriate resources to promote independence
1.5 Clarify with the supervising health professional concerns about client safety in relation to community access and daily living activities
2. Promote client independence and community participation
2.1 Identify all support and/or services provided to the client in conjunction with the health team
2.2 Assist client to determine strategies which supports progression towards identified rehabilitation goals
2.3 Promote benefits of daily living activities and community participation in the terms of the clientâ€™s rehabilitation goals
2.4 Discuss with supervising health professional opportunities for daily living activities and community participation that will support rehabilitation goals, including those that maybe outside the rehabilitation plan
2.5 Work with the client and other community workers and services to identify and overcome concerns through provision of coordinated and consistent supports to the client
3. Assist with client independence and community participation
3.1 Recognise client concerns about participating in daily living activities and community access
3.2 Work with the client to develop strategies to overcome client concerns, under the supervision of the health professional
3.3 Identify any aides, appliances, modifications or other services and/or supports that might be required to facilitate client and discuss with supervising health professional
3.4 Provide information and support to facilitate interest and desire to use any aides, appliances and modifications in a safe and effective way
4. Monitor impact of increased client independence and community participation on rehabilitation goals
4.1 Monitor outcomes that indicate involvement in daily living activity and community participation is supporting the rehabilitation goals
4.2 Identify any negative impacts and report to supervising health professional
4.3 Recognise medical issues and risk factors related to activities of daily living
4.4 Recognise wellness and medical issues prior to providing support
4.5 Apply strategies to involve the client in the monitoring and evaluation process
4.6 Provide client with regular feedback of progress
4.7 Work with the client to self monitor progress
5. Document client information
5.1 Use accepted protocols to document information relating to the rehabilitation program in line with organisation requirements
5.2 Provide regular feedback to the clientâ€™s care team, including positive impact on the client
5.3 Use appropriate terminology and format to document the clientâ€™s progress, including any barriers or challenges to the rehabilitation plan