Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAHW003, 'Provide basic health information to clients'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide basic health information to clients' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria specify the level of performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Clarify client needs for health information
1.1 Use communication skills appropriate to individual clients and/or significant others to gain information about the clientâ€™s specific basic health issues and needs
1.2 Consider cultural practices and beliefs when clarifying information needs of the client
1.3 Use principles of confidentiality to communicate findings about client information needs to appropriate staff
1.4 Gain information from health service providers to pass on to the client and/or significant other and clarify as required
1.5 Accurately record all information about the client as required by organisational standards
2. Provide basic health information to client
2.1 Use effective communication skills to deliver relevant health information to the client in line with client, community, organisation and legislative requirements
2.2 Provide basic information about healthy lifestyle, including nutrition and environmental health factors
2.3 Provide basic information to support individual health care plan
2.4 Provide information to support a self-care approach
3. Assist in the evaluation of health information provision
3.1 Consult client and/or community about effectiveness of health information
3.2 Seek feedback to determine how well health information has been understood
3.3 Provide feedback to supervisor and appropriate personnel