Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAHW004, 'Perform work role in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander primary health care context'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Perform work role in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander primary health care context' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes.
The Performance Criteria specify the level of performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the Element.
1. Inform own role
1.1 Identify individual personnel in the organisation and their role
1.2 Identify and apply work policies and procedures
1.3 Consider how own role contributes to the organisationâ€™s work to provide primary health care in the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community
2. Perform work tasks
2.1 Use time management skills to organise and perform work tasks during required hours
2.2 Locate and use required workplace forms, processes and systems to complete work tasks
2.3 Identify and wear appropriate clothing and/or personal protective equipment as required
2.4 Seek clarification and direction about work tasks as required
2.5 Complete all designated work tasks on time and to required organisational standards
3. Communicate effectively within work role
3.1 Use respectful and effective oral communication methods with staff, clients and community members
3.2 Respect privacy and confidentiality when handling all client information
3.3 Complete all relevant documents accurately and on time and seek guidance as required
4. Identify future pathways
4.1 Reflect on work performances including own strengths and areas for improvement
4.2 Seek feedback on work performance
4.3 Discuss options for skill and knowledge development with supervisor and/or colleagues
4.4 Identify opportunities for learning to improve own skills and further career opportunities in primary health care