Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAHW047, 'Support and promote social and emotional wellbeing of staff and clients'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Support and promote social and emotional wellbeing of staff and clients' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria specify the level of performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Assess social and emotional needs
1.1 Seek relevant information to determine clientâ€™s current mental/emotional state and history
1.2 Observe behaviour and body language and note unusual behaviour
1.3 Communicate effectively with the client using culturally appropriate and safe language and interactions, to identify underlying social and emotional needs and issues
1.4 Make a risk assessment in relation to potential for suicide, self-harm and/or violence
1.5 Develop a social and emotional health care plan that addresses clientâ€™s needs, in consultation with the client and relevant health care team
1.6 Maintain confidentiality in line with organisation requirements
1.7 Identify issues requiring mandatory notification and report to an appropriate authority
2. Support a clientâ€™s social and emotional wellbeing
2.1 Implement and review clientâ€™s social and emotional health care plan in line with their needs and organisation procedures
2.2 Provide relevant information to support the client to make informed decisions about addressing social and emotional wellbeing issues
2.3 Support individual clients to implement, maintain and review self-care strategies
2.4 Monitor and review application of stress reduction techniques and activities by clients, as required to maintain and/or enhance effectiveness
2.5 Provide referral as required, to maintain and/or enhance social and emotional wellbeing in line with individual, community and organisation requirements
3. Provide social/emotional support in the workplace
3.1 Encourage and support staff to address the personal impact of dealing with client social and emotional wellbeing issues
3.2 Make debriefing sessions readily available and conduct with staff in groups and/or one-on-one
3.3 Support staff to access professional assistance as appropriate, including referrals
3.4 Provide education and awareness programs as required to support staff and enhance their self-awareness and support personal development
3.5 Support staff to acknowledge the impact of the shared history of transgenerational trauma
3.6 Manage serious or potentially serious issues referred by other staff with sensitivity and professionalism