Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAHW048, 'Apply a strategic approach to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply a strategic approach to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria specify the level of performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Support strategic initiatives in health service delivery
1.1 Identify current strategies to improve health of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander clients
1.2 Articulate potential negative aspects of current strategies on behalf of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander clients and communities
1.3 Contribute knowledge of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities and related health issues to inform strategic development on primary health care services
1.4 Suggest potential improvements to health system, infrastructure, services and resources to address perceived needs
1.5 Discuss strategic approaches to resolution of issues related to social determinants of health, and community control, with clients, community representatives, service providers and related organisation representatives
2. Promote awareness of health strategies
2.1 Raise strategic issues at organisational, regional, state and/or national level in line with health work role
2.2 Support strategic initiatives in line with organisation policies and practices, community requirements and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health work role
2.3 Explain strategic initiatives relating to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health to health care team
2.4 Inform clients and communities about strategic initiatives and encourage individuals to take advantage of associated benefits
2.5 Promote benefits of achieving positive strategic outcomes for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities
3. Contribute to strategic issues in health care delivery
3.1 Investigate and clarify specific impacts of strategic initiatives on the health of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander clients
3.2 Identify appropriate evaluation processes and criteria to assess effectiveness of strategic initiatives
3.3 Evaluate outcomes of health care strategies against criteria that reflect identified community health objectives
3.4 Seek to identify strategic strengths as well as areas for improvement as a basis for continual enhancement of health outcomes
3.5 Seek feedback on effectiveness of strategic initiatives from and provided to community and organisation(s) involved in health service delivery
3.6 Communicate outcomes of the evaluation to relevant stakeholders to guide future activities in the delivery of health services to the community