Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAHW074, 'Provide closure on healing processes'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide closure on healing processes' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria specify the level of performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Facilitate a group healing journey
1.1 Review and agree to rules for participation in a healing group as part of a group, ensuring safety, cultural security and confidentiality during and after the process
1.2 Practise verbal and non-verbal communication skills within the group
1.3 Practise self-reflection through review of key issues recorded relating to the healing process
1.4 Acknowledge the impact of confronting own issues by self-disclosure of past emotional influences
1.5 Undertake work to review and complete a healing journey in the group context
1.6 Reflect on the impacts of participation in healing journeys and share in the group context
2. Create a safe place to continue healing
2.1 Acknowledge the importance of healing as an ongoing process for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
2.2 Explore and clarify the relevance of experiencing personal healing as a basis for providing support and healing for clients
2.3 Identify principles for creating a safe and culturally secure place for healing and take action to establish and maintain personal safety
2.4 Acknowledge the importance of the support processes of extended families in preparing for and undergoing a healing process
3. Assist clients to access therapeutic services in the local area
3.1 Identify therapeutic services available in the local area
3.2 Identify obstacles that clients may face when accessing the local therapeutic services
3.3 Develop and implement strategies to help clients access local therapeutic services
3.4 Develop and implement strategies for maintaining primary contact with the client when accessing local therapeutic services