Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAHW403B, 'Plan and implement health care in a primary health care context'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan and implement health care in a primary health care context' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Develop care plan for client
1.1 Use standing order/written care protocols to underpin health care plans
1.2 Consult clients about proposed care plan and explain how it relates to their health assessment results
1.3 Develop the care plan with reference to relevant health care team and other health care providers
1.4 Propose treatment in accordance with organisation policies and procedures and as negotiated with the client, their family and/or the community
1.5 Include measures consistent with standing orders/ written protocols, based on health assessment findings
1.6 Refer clients as required to relevant health professionals in line with community, organisation and regulatory requirements
1.7 Clearly establish responsibilities for implementing the care plan and obtain client agreement to plan
1.8 Document health care plan in client's file in line with organisation policies and procedures
2. Implement care plan
2.1 Build and maintain a relationship of trust with each client, with active promotion of and strict adherence to confidentiality
2.2 Provide health information to client in appropriate language, supported by visual and other aids as required
2.3 Provide client with information about each aspect of the care plan and the rationale for its inclusion
2.4 Initiate action (including referral) as determined by effective decision-making in line with organisation policies based on results of clinical assessment and in accordance with accepted procedures and protocols
2.5 Conduct treatment in accordance with the care plan, organisation policies and procedures and occupational health and safety requirements
2.6 Use medical equipment correctly and maintain in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and organisation policies
2.7 Provide client with information about promoting and maintaining health in a way they understand
2.8 Maintain current, complete, accurate and relevant records for each client contact
2.9 Support client to take a self-care approach to implementing care plan in line with individual, organisation and community requirements