Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAHW408B, 'Address social determinants of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Address social determinants of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Recognise social determinants of health
1.1 Identify the social determinants of health for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander clients
1.2 Analyse the behavioural, social, political, and environmental determinants of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health with due consideration to equity and social justice
1.3 Investigate and clarify specific impacts of social, political, economic and environmental factors on the health of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander clients
1.4 Clarify organisation policies and practices in recognising the social determinants of health in relation to the functions of the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health worker
2. Promote awareness of social determinants of health
2.1 Explain social determinants of health as part of primary health care service delivery
2.2 Encourage Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander clients and communities to be self-determining and support their empowerment
2.3 Demonstrate commitment to achieving access and equity for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people across a range of social, educational, economic and health systems and services
2.4 Promote awareness of social determinants of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health across community service networks
2.5 Promote reduction of negative impacts of social determinants on health across networks associated with a range of services to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander clients
3. Implement strategies to address social determinants of health
3.1 Apply strategies, policies and resources relevant to health of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities in delivery of primary health care services
3.2 Deliver health services within the context of organisation policies to address social determinants of health in line with community requirements
3.3 Support clients to fully access the health system, infrastructure, services and resources
3.4 Support local community values, beliefs and gender roles and encourage community control in the delivery of health services to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
3.5 Foster partnering relationships with community groups, agencies and organisations involved in community development initiatives