Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAID008, 'Manage first aid services and resources'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage first aid services and resources' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria specify the level of performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Determine workplace first aid requirements
1.1 Identify workplace hazards and assess associated risks as a basis for determining first aid resource requirements
1.2 Identify first aid equipment, resources and personnel required to address workplace requirements
1.3 Develop first aid action plans in consultation with relevant parties
1.4 Provide information to encourage risk minimisation and enable access to first aid facilities
2. Establish and maintain workplace first aid facilities
2.1 Monitor and maintain availability of first aid equipment, resources and personnel to support workplace first aid response
2.2 Conduct regular inspections of stock and equipment to ensure currency and operational readiness in line with workplace requirements
2.3 Ensure equipment is recovered and reprocessed and that waste is disposed of safely according to legislative and workplace procedures
2.4 Ensure equipment and resources are stored and maintained in line with relevant legislation and manufacturerâ€™s/supplierâ€™s instructions
2.5 Deploy appropriate equipment, resources and personnel to ensure timely and effective first aid response in line with workplace requirements
3. Maintain workplace first aid records
3.1 Ensure documentation is completed as required according to legislation and workplace procedures
3.2 Maintain first aid records in line with legislative requirements and workplace security practices
3.3 Send relevant documents to appropriate bodies in line with workplace and legislative requirements
3.4 Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with privacy principles and statutory and/or organisational policies
4. Review the provision of first aid in the workplace
4.1 Participate in debriefing/evaluation to improve future operations and address individual needs
4.2 Evaluate management of workplace first aid incidents in relation to required resources, personnel, current organisational procedures and individual first aid action plans
4.3 Contribute to the review of workplace policies and procedures in accordance with risk assessment and evaluation of first aid provision