Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAIN001, 'Assist with nursing care in an acute care environment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assist with nursing care in an acute care environment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Assist with the delivery of nursing care to clients in an acute care environment
1.1 Implement aspects of nursing care to support client needs according to nursing care plan and as delegated by a registered nurse
1.2 Assist in completing assessment tools and collecting clinical data as delegated by a registered nurse
1.3 Use appropriate equipment and procedures when collecting client clinical data
1.4 Identify client preferences when collecting information to be considered in the development of nursing care plan
1.5 Inform client of the purpose of information and data being sought and gain feedback on their understanding
1.6 Inform client of the purpose of any procedure or activity and gain feedback on their understanding
1.7 Seek and obtain client consent prior to seeking any information or providing any procedure or activity
1.8 Communicate with clients in a manner and pace that meets their needs
1.9 Report relevant information, including changes in client condition, to a registered nurse
1.10 Carry out any procedure or activity according to safe work practices
2. Support the client to meet personal care needs in an acute care environment
2.1 Provide support, assistance and technical care according to the nursing care plan and appropriate protocols in order to meet activities of daily living
2.2 Use appropriate equipment and aids when providing assistance and support
2.3 Report any difficulties in providing client support and assistance to a registered nurse
2.4 Provide information to clients to assist them to meet their personal care needs in an appropriate manner and pace
2.5 Maintain the confidentiality, privacy and dignity of clients within appropriate protocols
3. Work in a team environment
3.1 Work with colleagues, with consideration of team and group dynamics
3.2 Report clinical data accurately and within a timely fashion to colleagues in a health care team
4. Work effectively under supervision
4.1 Carry out work instructions within agreed time frame
4.2 Seek clarification from an appropriate person if required to complete work instructions
4.3 Refer difficulties experienced carrying out work instructions to a registered nurse