Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAMB006, 'Assign and coordinate ambulance service resources'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assign and coordinate ambulance service resources' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Allocate ambulance service resources
1.1 Match available resources to incidents for service capability and known factors that may impact on service demand
1.2 Identify appropriate response to an emergency situation or incident, and to a non-emergency routine case
1.3 Identify and record location and commitment of service resources at all times
2. Dispatch resources
2.1 Provide clear, timely and accurate situation briefing to assigned worker
2.2 Use communication equipment and systems to locate and dispatch resources within set timeframes
3. Monitor progress of assigned resources
3.1 Confirm arrival of assigned worker at the scene of incident or situation or at the receiving facility
3.2 Establish capacity of assigned worker to deal with the situation or incident at earliest opportunity
3.3 Monitor availability of worker and vehicles for re-assignment
3.4 Monitor and follow up on resources and service coordination including any supplementary resources
4. Coordinate resources and liaise with ambulance worker
4.1 Undertake and coordinate resource allocation within set timeframes
4.2 Identify and communicate factors affecting resource availability to assigned worker
4.3 Implement â€˜on sceneâ€™ communication chain of command
4.4 Determine the need for other service involvement
4.5 Ensure other service is contacted and adequately briefed and that appropriate assistance is requested when dealing with multi-agency incidents
5. Maintain records of ambulance service coordination activity
5.1 Record accurately information pertaining to dispatch records of ambulance resources
5.2 Document activation of supplementary resources and external agencies