Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAYV010, 'Select and advise on Ayurvedic medicines - dravyaguna'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Select and advise on Ayurvedic medicines - dravyaguna' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Determine treatment strategy
1.1 Determine the treatment strategy, prognosis and therapeutic expectations according to the diagnosis, client needs and stage of life
1.2 Determine contraindications to treatment and modify treatment strategy accordingly
1.3 Consider treatment and advice information provided by other health care professionals
1.4 Evaluate the impact of disease phase or stage on treatment selection
1.5 Take into consideration possible client compliance issues in specific treatment options
1.6 Select medicines and administration method based on prakruti, vikruti, agni, seasons, ojas & strength of client
2. Provide advice and resources to the client
2.1 Clearly explain treatment rationale and expectations
2.2 Provide clear instructions for taking medicines, and negotiate if required
2.3 Explain factors which may interfere with the effectiveness of the treatment
2.4 Negotiate the management of selected Ayurvedic medicines in relation to any other current medicines
2.5 Request client to monitor responses to the supplements
2.6 Clarify and agree responsibilities of practitioner and client within the treatment plan
2.7 Explain and agree treatment evaluation strategies
3. Complete treatment documentation
3.1 Document accurate details of Ayurvedic medicines to be provided
3.2 Accurately record details of treatment recommendations in client file
3.3 Record arrangements for treatment review according to clinic guidelines