Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAYV011, 'Prepare and dispense Ayurvedic medicines - dravyaguna'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare and dispense Ayurvedic medicines - dravyaguna' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Obtain and store materials
1.1 Determine authorised and reputable sources of products certified to be free of insecticides, pesticides, chemicals, preservatives, heavy metals and contaminants
1.2 Source natural raw, semi-processed, processed and manufactured materials as required for scope of practice
1.3 Determine storage requirements for different types of herbs and materials
1.4 Maintain integrity of materials through correct handling and storage
1.5 Maintain stock levels according to clinic requirements
2. Prepare Ayurvedic medicines according to Ayurvedic Formulary of India and Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
2.1 Check and prepare equipment for operational readiness
2.2 Select and assemble ingredients according to order
2.3 Make accurate calculations for quantities and ratios
2.4 Follow Ayurvedic rituals, mantra recitation and meditations and clear non-sattvic influences
2.5 prepare medicine according to Ayurvedic medicine methodology
2.6 Label and store medicines
3. Dispense Ayurvedic medicines
3.1 Establish form and quantity of required medicines from prescription or order
3.2 Follow procedures to prevent contamination of or by the medicine
3.3 Check and prepare dispensing equipment for operational readiness
3.4 Select and assemble prescribed medicine and dravya
3.5 Package and label correct quantities into suitable containers with clear and accurate labelling
3.6 Provide accurate instructions for administration and care of Ayurvedic medicines
3.7 Complete accurate dispensing documentation according to clinic guidelines and legal requirements