Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTCOM404B, 'Communicate effectively with clients'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Communicate effectively with clients' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Establish professional relationship with the client
Evaluate practice to maintain a high standard of client service
Identify and respond to special needs of clients
Use effective communication with clients
Encourage clients to voice queries and/or fears and address these appropriately
Take into consideration cultural and personal factors when consulting or interacting with clients
Exercise discretion and confidentiality appropriately, outlining and explaining to clients boundaries of confidentiality as required
Define and apply boundaries of the practitioner/ client relationship
Provide effective response to client enquiries
Present relevant information clearly and comprehensively and in sufficient detail to meet the needs of the enquirer
Select appropriate modes of communication to suit the enquiry and the purpose and context of the enquiry
Identify and acknowledge enquirer's expectations
Discuss any unresolved concerns or issues with enquirers
Make appointments for clients according to workplace guidelines
Respond effectively to difficult or challenging behaviour
Plan responses to difficult or challenging behaviour and manage appropriately
Maintain professional integrity at all times
Use basic counselling skills as required to facilitate treatment
Determine need for basic counselling
Provide basic counselling to facilitate treatment/ services when necessary and in accordance with practice specific guidelines
Record details of services provided according to workplace guidelines