Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTDEF001, 'Participate in a land based deployed health capability'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Participate in a land based deployed health capability' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element
1. Prepare for deployment
1.1 Check stores and equipment to ensure they are operational and prepared for movement and complete required documentation
1.2 Safely pack and load dedicated stores and equipment to facilitate anticipated transport outcomes
1.3 Complete personal preparation for deployment according to requirements
2. Participate in deployment activities
2.1 Use effective communication and teamwork skills
2.2 Prioritise work in consultation with other members of the team
2.3 Set up designated work areas, stores and equipment for use
2.4 Identify equipment and basic facility shortfalls and report to supervisor
3. Operate within a deployed health capability element
3.1 Receive and transfer patients in accordance with operational procedures
3.2 Adapt to specific deployment requirements in performance of operational duties
4. Participate in re-deployment activities
4.1 Work effectively as part of a team to re-deploy the health element
4.2 Refurbish stores and equipment for future operations
4.3 Identify stores and equipment shortfalls and report to supervisor
4.4 Safely pack and load dedicated stores and equipment for redeployment
4.5 Participate in debriefing/evaluation activities to improve future deployments and address individualâ€™s needs