Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTDP601D, 'Identify, select and prepare instruments, equipment, materials'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Identify, select and prepare instruments, equipment, materials' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare the clinic for the removable dental prosthetic treatment of clients
1.1 Make accessible in the clean zone of the surgery the client's required laboratory work and necessary charts andrecords
1.2 Give personal protective equipment to the client and members of the dental team
1.3 Ensure emergency procedures are in place and ready for use according to relevant guidelines
2. Identify and select instruments and equipment for a range of removable dental prosthetic procedures
2.1 Implement standard precautions to prevent the spread of infection
2.2 Select correctly the equipment, instruments and materials for the planned prosthetic procedure
2.3 Arrange instruments in order of use for a range of prosthetic procedures
3. Prepare instruments and equipment for the range of removable dental prosthetic treatment/care procedures
3.1 Prepare instruments and equipment according to the manufacturer's instructions
3.2 Maintain and store instruments and equipment according to manufacturer's instructions and in accordance with infection control guidelines
4. Prepare materials for the range of removable dental prosthetic treatment/care procedures according to the manufacturer's instructions
4.1 Prepare the correct materials and medicaments using the correct technique, to the correct consistency and quantity required and within the designated timelines
4.2 Monitor storage requirements and shelf life of materials and medicaments
4.3 Check materials for integrity prior to use
4.4 Monitor expiry dates of materials and medicaments and re-order materials correctly
4.5 Store materials and medicaments according to manufacturer's instructions
4.6 Confine materials to clean zone of surgery to minimise contamination by aerosols and splatter
4.7 Follow WHS policies and procedures when preparing materials