Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTDT514D, 'Construct orthodontic appliances'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Construct orthodontic appliances' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Select or construct and assemble components and materials
1.1 Select materials for removable orthodontic appliances according to design and function specified by prescription
1.2 Select pre-formed components which are required and confirm they are fit for the purpose
1.3 Construct individual custom-made components according to prescription
2. Construct orthodontic appliance
2.1 Secure components to model by appropriate means
2.2 Apply appropriate materials to the cast to form a baseplate according to the manufacturer's instructions and the prescription
2.3 Process the appliance using equipment and techniques which are appropriate to the manufacturer's instructions and the prescription
3. Finish orthodontic appliances
3.1 Select techniques, materials and equipment for trimming, finishing and polishing that are appropriate to the type and materials of the appliance
3.2 Trim and finish the baseplate to the thickness and coverage required
3.3 Finish and polish metal components to leave surfaces that are free of sharp edges and irregularities
3.4 Evaluate the finished appliance
3.5 Decontaminate the appliance according to infection control guidelines
3.6 Place the appliance in a sealed container for dispatch