Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTENN019, 'Apply nursing practice in sexual and reproductive health care'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply nursing practice in sexual and reproductive health care' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Identify and discuss sexual and reproductive health problems
1.1 Support the person in accessing relevant screening programs and in using contemporary assessment tools to identify health issues
1.2 Interpret observations and pathology results indicating variations from normal sexual and reproductive health status
1.3 Provide information at a primary health care level on the risk factors, indicators and interventions for sexually transmissible infections (STIs) and blood-borne infections (BBIs)
1.4 Use a safe place for discussing with the person contact tracing, disclosure of information and requirements in reporting notifiable STIs or BBIs, in consultation with registered nurse
1.5 Use appropriate health information and resources to the level of the personâ€™s own understanding of their sexual development and health condition
1.6 Make appropriate referrals in consultation with an interdisciplinary team to promote healthy sexual and lifestyle practices
2. Clarify the impact of sexual and reproductive health condition on the person, family or carer
2.1 Maintain current knowledge of sexual and reproductive health conditions and associated pathophysiology and apply this knowledge to female and male clinical manifestations
2.2 Identify the psychosocial impact and potential complications for the person and clarify their needs
2.3 Discuss impacts and complications of the personâ€™s condition with the person, and their family or carer as appropriate, within scope of practice
3. Contribute to team planning and nursing interventions for sexual or reproductive health care
3.1 Identify specific effects of culture, ageing, disability and illness on sexuality and sexual behaviour for the person
3.2 Identify nursing interventions to incorporate contemporary sexual and reproductive health strategies into practice
3.3 Provide advice related to maintaining sexual and reproductive health in line with community needs and organisation policy and procedures
3.4 Liaise with health team and use appropriate resources and service providers to educate the person, family or carer on sexual health and reproductive health strategies
3.5 Identify the acuity of a person is beyond own skills and knowledge and promptly consult with relevant interdisciplinary health care team
3.6 Critically review the care plan and modify according to the personâ€™s progress toward planned outcomes in consultation and collaboration with registered nurse
4. Actively promote improvements in sexual and reproductive health
4.1 Monitor and evaluate own nursing care provided to the person to assist with organisation continuous improvement
4.2 Evaluate nursing interventions provided and consider outcomes against evidence-based best practice in sexual and reproductive health
4.3 Seek out opportunities and participate in professional development, acquiring knowledge to guide own practice and acting as a resource for colleagues
5. Address contemporary issues in sexual and reproductive health
5.1 Maintain current knowledge on influences that shape sexuality in current and historical contexts
5.2 Identify and discuss contraception and provide support and health education to the person on their choice of contraception methods
5.3 Identify and discuss pregnancy choices and options for unplanned pregnancies
5.4 Provide education on risk-taking behaviours and promote safe sex practices