Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTENN024, 'Apply nursing practice in the cardiovascular care setting'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply nursing practice in the cardiovascular care setting' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Contribute to the interdisciplinary health care team in caring for a person with cardiovascular condition
1.1 Contribute information to nursing care plan that reflects the personâ€™s nursing needs, and include nursing actions to maximise cardiovascular function and minimise potential complications
1.2 Identify the role of specialist nursing and medical services in the care of the person with cardiovascular condition, and work within that context
1.3 Collaborate with community service agencies in partnership with the person, family or carer to maintain continuity of care
1.4 Identify factors relevant to the personâ€™s situation, including physical, psychological, social and economic impacts
1.5 Monitor and review data collected about the person and communicate to relevant interdisciplinary health care team members
2. Perform complex nursing interventions in the cardiovascular healthcare setting
2.1 Prioritise nursing interventions according to the personâ€™s needs and in consultation with registered nurse
2.2 Undertake appropriate pre-, intra- and post-diagnostic procedures in line with scope of practice and organisation policy and procedures, and in collaboration with the registered nurse
2.3 Participate in risk assessment identification and risk management processes for the person with cardiovascular condition
2.4 Apply complex decision-making processes to modify nursing interventions and use problem-solving approaches in response to changes in the personâ€™s condition
2.5 Identify when the acuity of a personâ€™s cardiovascular health is beyond own skill and knowledge, and refer promptly to registered nurse and relevant interdisciplinary health care team
2.6 Administer prescribed emergency medication based on sound knowledge of principles of drug actions and in accordance with organisation policies and procedures
2.7 Make appropriate proposals for nursing interventions in consultation with registered nurse to promote improved outcomes for the person and their condition
3. Evaluate effectiveness of nursing interventions and planned care, and support continuing self-care
3.1 Evaluate nursing interventions provided and consider identified outcomes against evidence-based best practice in cardiovascular nursing care
3.2 Identify responses of the person, family or carer to nursing interventions and their understanding of ongoing management of the cardiovascular impairment
3.3 Identify opportunities where indicated, to provide the person, family or carer with information on available community resources and how to access them
3.4 Assess, prior to discharge, the personâ€™s understanding of their cardiovascular condition, medications and therapeutic regimes