Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTENN030, 'Implement and monitor care for a person with a stoma'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement and monitor care for a person with a stoma' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes of a unit of competency.
The Performance Criteria specify the level of performance required to demonstrate achievement of the Element.
1. Contribute to interdisciplinary health care team in caring for the person with a stoma
1.1 Work within scope of practice to support the interdisciplinary health care team in managing the personâ€™s stoma care needs and the needs of their family or carer
1.2 Identify specialist nursing and medical services and community agencies that support and deliver stoma care, and their possible role in long-term management of the personâ€™s stoma condition
1.3 Discuss nursing care management plan regularly with the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary health care team
1.4 Work in partnership with the person and appropriate service providers and agencies to maintain continuity of care
2. Assess health care needs of a person with a stoma
2.1 Perform holistic health assessment of the person using a range of assessment tools relevant to personâ€™s care requirements
2.2 Collect accurate information in accordance with organisation policy and procedures
2.3 Identify physiological, pathological and congenital conditions leading to the personâ€™s stoma creation
2.4 Determine the personâ€™s own knowledge of their condition, therapies and self-management requirements, and how this might impact their care planning and provision
2.5 Identify family or carerâ€™s knowledge of and involvement in the personâ€™s stoma care condition, management and therapies
2.6 Identify possible psychological factors impacting the person with a stoma and their family or carer
3. Perform complex nursing interventions to assist a person with a stoma
3.1 Prepare the personâ€™s nursing care plan to ensure it reflects the care needs specific to stoma care requirements
3.2 Prioritise nursing interventions for the person according to their identified needs, including emergency care of stoma
3.3 Identify principles of contemporary stoma management and apply these within organisation policy and procedures when providing nursing care for the person
3.4 Identify opportunities to provide health education to the person, and promote health and self-management of the stoma
3.5 Provide the person with education to promote health and self-management of the stoma
3.6 Identify responses of the person, family or carer to nursing interventions and their understanding of ongoing management of the personâ€™s condition, including strategies for self-management
3.7 Communicate outcomes and proposed actions to the registered nurse and use a collaborative approach for follow up with interdisciplinary team
3.8 Identify when the acuity of a person is beyond own skills and knowledge and promptly consult with registered nurse and relevant interdisciplinary health care team members
4. Evaluate progress toward expected outcomes of care
4.1 Critically review the nursing care plan and modify according to the personâ€™s progress toward planned outcomes, in consultation and collaboration with the registered nurse and health care team
4.2 Evaluate the personâ€™s understanding of their stoma condition, medications, therapeutic regimes and self-management, and document their uptake of health promotion initiatives
4.3 Evaluate nursing interventions provided and consider identified outcomes against evidence-based best practice in stoma nursing care
4.4 Document outcomes of care and communicate findings to other members of the interdisciplinary health care team in accordance with organisation policy