Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTENN031, 'Apply nursing practice in the contemporary mental health care setting'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply nursing practice in the contemporary mental health care setting' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Work as part of an interdisciplinary health care team in mental health care
1.1 Contribute appropriately to support the interdisciplinary health care team in managing care of the person requiring mental health care
1.2 Contribute to achieving effective team work and supportive positive group dynamics when working with health care colleagues
1.3 Implement into own nursing practice the philosophical and policy frameworks for managing care for the person requiring mental health services
1.4 Identify the contributions of emergency services, referring agencies, hospital and community team staff and community support groups to the care needs of the person with a mental health condition
1.5 Participate safely as part of team in interventions involving chemical or physical restraint, and document in accordance with organisation policy and procedures
1.6 Identify when the acuity of a person is beyond own skills and knowledge and promptly consult with registered nurse and relevant interdisciplinary health care team members
2. Clarify the impact of mental health treatment and rehabilitation on the person, family or carer
2.1 Perform holistic assessment including mental health assessment of the person in consultation and collaboration with the registered nurse
2.2 Identify the impact of a mental health condition on the person and family or carer where appropriate
2.3 Identify opportunities where indicated, to provide the person, family or carer with information on availability and access to recovery-orientated health services and community resources
2.4 Provide the person with education to promote their well-being and self-management of their mental health condition
3. Relate therapeutically to a person with a mental health condition
3.1 Respond to the personâ€™s behaviour in a therapeutic manner, recognising antecedents for behaviour as appropriate
3.2 Acknowledge the personâ€™s individual experiences in a non-judgemental manner
3.3 Demonstrate knowledge of the stages and philosophy of therapeutic relationships
3.4 Prioritise care issues for the person in accordance with their presentation and behaviour
3.5 Maintain professional boundaries with the person, and set appropriate limits for therapeutic interventions
3.6 Recognise own verbal and non-verbal cues that may impact the person and others, and amend own communication practices as required
3.7 Seek out opportunities and participate in professional development, acquiring knowledge to guide own practice
4. Evaluate the care plan for a person with mental health condition, and support a personâ€™s self-management
4.1 Critically review the care plan and propose changes or modifications according to the personâ€™s progress toward planned outcomes in consultation and collaboration with interdisciplinary health care team
4.2 Evaluate nursing interventions provided and consider identified outcomes against evidence-based best practice in mental health nursing care
4.3 Promote the personâ€™s self-management of their condition and assist them to provide accurate information to their family or carer on their mental health care needs
4.4 Document uptake by the person of specific health promotion initiatives to support their self-management