Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTHPS008, 'Provide clinical mentoring in the work environment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide clinical mentoring in the work environment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria specify the level of performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element
1. Establish a mentoring relationship with menteeâ€™s during clinical supervision
1.1 Identify scope of learning outcomes, realistic expectations and boundaries of the mentoring relationship according to workplace policies and organisation procedures
1.2 Develop mutual trust, confidence, rapport and teamwork in the mentoring relationship
1.3 Develop an agreed plan on how the mentoring relationship will be conducted
2. Facilitate and mentor the delivery of appropriate client care
2.1 Encourage opportunities for mentees to self-audit their provision of clinical care and identify workplace opportunities for further training needs
2.2 Facilitate clinical reasoning discussions about client clinical care needs and outcomes
2.3 Provide appropriate clinical care mentoring advice and/or support to individuals or groups using a variety of methods and technology
3. Oversee the welfare of menteeâ€™s who perform clinical skills in the workplace
4. Evaluate the mentoring process
3.1 Discuss and clarify the risks associated with clinical procedures and the menteeâ€™s readiness for provision of clinical care
3.2 Take adequate measures to protect the physical and psychological wellbeing of mentee and their clients when undertaking clinical care procedures
3.3 Ensure appropriate workplace opportunity for practice in delivery of the required clinical skill competencies
3.4 Ensure adequate educational follow-up is made available to support the future delivery of the required competencies
3.5 Engage menteeâ€™s personal growth through professional development opportunities
4.1 Communicate and document feedback and closure of the mentoring relationship with mentee and relevant management structures
4.2 Evaluate mentoring plans and processes against agreed outcomes and reporting processes and procedures
4.3 Document improvement opportunities for future clinical mentoring programs