Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTPAT317A, 'Operate effectively within a pathology testing environment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate effectively within a pathology testing environment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Demonstrate an understanding of the structure and profile of the pathology industry
Describe the organisation of the pathology industry
Explain the relationships between the different occupations and modes of practice within pathology.
Observe and describe the operation of a typical laboratory.
Identify current legislation that impacts on pathology laboratories
Develop a knowledge of different sectors and roles within a pathology laboratory
Identify the roles and responsibilities of different workers within a pathology laboratory
Identify the role and responsibilities of pathology assistants including when and from whom to seek advice
Develop an understanding of the different sections within a pathology laboratory
Develop an understanding of specimen processing
Adopt recommended safety precautions when handling biologically hazardous specimens
Follow organisation guidelines in the handling of urgent samples
Follow organisation guidelines in the handling of non-replaceable samples
Ensure sample labelling complies with organisation policies
Store and transport pathology samples in line with organisation policies and procedures and legal and regulatory guidelines
Perform specimens preparation or separation and storage according to test requirements
Document client information
Use accepted protocols to document information in line with organisation requirements
Use appropriate terminology to document identified problems related to application specimen testing
Ensure that confidentiality of client information is maintained.
Work within organisation policies and procedures
Access and follow organisation guidelines, policies and procedures
Follow organisation administrative practices and procedures
Access and follow legal and regulatory guidelines
Document relevant information in accordance with organisation policies and procedures.