Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTPOP017, 'Identify pest control strategies'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Identify pest control strategies' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes.
The Performance Criteria specify the level of performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the Element.
1. Identify potential pest problems in the community
1.1 Monitor signs of pest problems in the household and community that could potentially pose a risk to peopleâ€™s health
1.2 Identify environmental conditions contributing to problems
1.3 Discuss potential problems with householders and community members to ascertain the nature and extent of problems
1.4 Identify type of pest, activity level and location of harbourages
1.5 Estimate density of infestation from available evidence of pest activity
1.6 Report findings in accordance with organisation policy and procedure
2. Identify strategies to assist with the control of pests in the community
2.1 Seek information on strategies and methods to control different pests in the community
2.2 Obtain information on advantages and disadvantages and any obstacles that may exist in relation to various methods
2.3 Seek additional advice from key people and outside agencies
3. Determine the best form of pest eradication or control methods for the community
3.1 Discuss potential strategies with the organisation, community and relevant others to determine the best course of action
3.2 Assess options to determine the most effective solutions for the identified problem
3.3 Develop and implement a work plan in relation to the identified strategies in conjunction with supervisor
3.4 Identify and action issues requiring referrals to key people and outside agencies