Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTPOP018, 'Develop a plan of action to address land care issues in the community'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop a plan of action to address land care issues in the community' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes.
Performance Criteria specify the level of performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the Element.
1. Develop a plan of action to address issues in relation to land care
1.1 Identify strategies to address land care issues that could potentially impact on the health status of individuals and community members
1.2 Identify and discuss potential strategies with the organisation, community members and relevant others to determine priorities and the best course of action for the particular issues to be addressed
1.3 Develop a plan of action in relation to the identified strategies discussed
1.4 Identify and clarify roles and responsibilities of the organisation, self, the community and other key people and/or outside agencies in relation to the plan
2. Implement plan
2.1 Seek community support for the plan of action
2.2 Locate resource requirements needed to implement strategies in accordance with established procedures
2.3 Assist with implementation of the plan of action
2.4 Identify and implement follow-up procedures
3. Provide feedback on the implementation of the plan
3.1 Assess success of the plan against the plan of action in accordance with job role
3.2 Report strategies for improvement in accordance with organisation policy and procedure
3.3 Provide feedback to the organisation, community and relevant others