Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTPOP402C, 'Assess readiness for and effect behaviour change'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assess readiness for and effect behaviour change' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Identify behaviour that impacts negatively on health and assess readiness for change
1.1 Demonstrate an understanding of social determinants of health and specific influences on individual's behaviour
1.2 Demonstrate an understanding of environmental factors that restrain change
1.3 Identify behavioural health determinants
1.4 Assess motivation, commitment and confidence levels to change attitudes, beliefs and behaviour in collaboration with other team members and or/ stakeholders
1.5 Reinforce positive beliefs and behaviour
1.6 Consider unintended consequences of desired behaviour and incorporate into the plan
2. Develop and implement plan for behaviour change
2.1 Factor into the plan the contribution existing organisations and infrastructure can make towards facilitating individual behaviour change
2.2 Fully explore the opportunity for collaborative partnerships to implement the plan
2.3 Identify pro-active strategies to support behavioural change based on behaviour change models, research available and consultations with experts and/or stakeholders
2.4 Document a plan and implement in consultation with the individual involved
2.5 Construct an evaluation plan/strategy in consultation with the individual involved
3. Monitor and review progress
3.1 Identify the most appropriate methods of data collection for recording behaviour
3.2 Collect, summarise and review data related to individual behaviour
3.3 Assess changes in behaviour in collaboration with the individual involved and other experts as may be necessary
3.4 Assess effectiveness of plan in collaboration with other experts and/or stakeholders
3.5 Publish and report results of behaviour change strategies in relevant form