Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTSHU008, 'Adapt Shiatsu and oriental therapies practice to meet specific needs'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Adapt Shiatsu and oriental therapies practice to meet specific needs' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Adapt assessment and treatment strategies to stages of life
1.1 Anticipate and take account of varying potential client sensitivities to ensure client dignity is maintained
1.2 Tailor approaches that take account of different cognitive abilities of clients at different stages of life
1.3 Adjust physical processes to take account client capabilities and physical body features
1.4 Recognise norms and deviations associated with age and gender
1.5 Identify when consent from others is required, and obtain and document according to legal and ethical requirements
2. Respond to unfamiliar presentations
2.1 Recognise situations where presenting cases or aspects of presenting cases fall outside current knowledge base or expertise
2.2 Refer client to other practitioners when case is not appropriate to own scope of practice
2.3 When appropriate to continue with the case, identify, access and interpret sources of additional information and advice
2.4 Enhance own capacity to deal with the case by conducting case specific research
2.5 Integrate findings into client treatment plans and record details
3. Extend and expand own knowledge base
3.1 Pro-actively identify and respond to professional development opportunities
3.2 Develop and adjust work practices as part of ongoing practice development