Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICAGAM404A, 'Apply artificial intelligence in game development'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply artificial intelligence in game development' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Conduct research on artificial intelligence (AI) strategies
1.1 Describe the terminology involved in AI as it relates to games and the game industry
1.2 Identify and analyse the range of AI pathfinding strategies, including appropriate genre and environments and how they influence the design and development
1.3 Discuss AI strategies and ideas and collaborate as required with relevant personnel to ensure contribution of a range of ideas and creative solutions to fulfil the requirements of the brief
1.4 Organise research and findings for use by relevant personnel throughout the development process, updating as required
2. Design AI strategy for games
2.1 Generate a range of possible goals and actions and other factors in the design of an AI non-player character (NPC)
2.2 Select the AI strategies for NPCs for the game design which are technically feasible, respond to the brief and provide creative solutions to all design issues
2.3 Continuously reflect on and assess the AI strategies for implications on budget, time line, technical feasibility and suitability for the brief
3. Implement AI strategy
3.1 Implement a pathfinding algorithm in a game
3.2 Implement an NPC AI strategy in a game
4. Evaluate game, based on NPC AI
4.1 Review the game design and AI strategies for its fulfilment of the design brief
4.2 Discuss and confirm additional requirements or modifications to the game design and undertake any necessary amendments