Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICAGAM514A, 'Design and create models for a 3-D and digital effects environment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Design and create models for a 3-D and digital effects environment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Design and plan a 3-D model
1.1 Research and collect a portfolio of reference material
1.2 Present portfolio of collected reference material
1.3 Use reference material to develop and design a modelling plan
2. Use suitable geometry surface for models
2.1 Research different types of geometry to find which choice would be most suitable for 3-D model
2.2 Clearly document selected geometry choice
2.3 Explain, justify and demonstrate reasons for selected geometry choice
2.4 Apply selected geometry choice to 3-D model
2.5 Make changes where necessary
3. Analyse resource material to construct and apply suitable topology
3.1 Construct and test a topology plan using chosen concept development software
3.2 Explain or demonstrate reason for choosing particular modelling method
3.3 Assess and refine topology plan with client and relevant personnel
4. Construct a 3-D model
4.1 Use modelling plan to construct model in chosen 3-D modelling and animation software
4.2 Build model according to specifications
4.3 Present the near finished product to relevant personnel
4.4 Accept feedback to incorporate into final design
4.5 Assess and refine model with clients and relevant personnel
4.6 Compose a report on experience of working on 3-D model