Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICAI4251A, 'Implement and evaluate network and telecommunication security'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement and evaluate network and telecommunication security' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Implement network and telecommunication security
1.1. Prevent and detect intrusions and protect against viruses
1.2. Perform audit tracking and reporting
1.3. Create, develop, apply, control, and manage effective network domain security controls in accordance with organisation policies
1.4. Test strategic network security technologies for effectiveness; incorporate controls that ensure compliance with the organisation policies
1.5. Ensure that messages are confidential and free from tampering and repudiation
1.6. Defend network communications from tampering and/or eavesdropping
2. Assess vulnerabilities and respond
2.1. Gather technical data and monitor and assess network vulnerabilities
2.2. Correct network security vulnerabilities in response to problems identified in vulnerability reports
2.3. Provide real-time network intrusion response
3. Evaluate network and telecommunication security
3.1. Perform a network security evaluation, calculate risks to the enterprise, and recommend remediation activities
3.2. Arrange independent verification and validation of the network to assess full satisfaction of functional requirements
3.3. Compile data into measures for analysis and reporting