Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICANWK411A, 'Deploy software to networked computers'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Deploy software to networked computers' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Determine operating system and software and hardware requirements
1.1 Assess client software and licensing requirements, considering compatibility with existing application software and operating system
1.2 Assess hardware requirements
1.3 Analyse requirements against local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and wireless networks within organisational guidelines
1.4 Evaluate client requirements according to organisational guidelines, corporate purchasing procedures and budget
2. Obtain deployment software to automate deployment
2.1 Evaluate deployment software according to client requirements and organisational guidelines
2.2 Contact vendors and obtain technical specifications, including support arrangements and licensing
2.3 Acquire software and licences, according to organisational procedures
2.4 Store software licences and manuals, according to organisational guidelines
3. Automate installation of operating system via network
3.1 Plan and deploy operating system according to appropriate vendor installation procedures with minimal disruption to network and clients
3.2 Configure and test installation to ensure that it meets client needs and vendor specifications
3.3 Install updates and patches
4. Automate installation of software packages via network
4.1 Plan and deploy software packages according to appropriate vendor installation procedures with minimal disruption to network and clients
4.2 Configure and test installation to ensure that it meets client needs and vendor specifications
4.3 Install updates and patches
5. Test and sign off
5.1 Test installed operating system and software for error-free performance, identifying and resolving problems
5.2 Determine and document security and licensing issues
5.3 Obtain client evaluation and feedback, to ensure that client requirements have been met