Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICANWK604A, 'Plan and configure advanced internetwork switching solutions'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan and configure advanced internetwork switching solutions' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan, configure and test a VLAN-based solution
1.1 Determine network resources required for implementing a VLAN-based solution for a given network design and requirements
1.2 Produce an implementation plan and a verification plan for the VLAN-based network solution
1.3 Configure and verify switch-to-switch connectivity, loop prevention and access ports for the VLAN-based solution using network tools
1.4 Document results of the VLAN implementation and verification plans
2. Plan, configure and test a secure layer 2 network solution and a switch-based layer 3 services solution
2.1 Determine network resources required for implementing a secure layer 2 network solution and a switch-based layer 3 solution against vulnerabilities with organisational security policies
2.2 Produce an implementation plan and a verification plan for each of the layer 2 and layer 3 network solution
2.3 Configure and verify a private VLAN, and features for port security and general switch security for the layer 2 network solution using network tools
2.4 Configure and verify routing interfaces and layer 3 security for the switch-based layer 3 network solution using network tools
2.5 Document results of security implementation and verification plans for each of the layer 2 and the layer 3 network solution
3. Prepare infrastructure to support advanced services
3.1 Implement a wireless extension of a layer 2 solution
3.2 Implement a support solution for a voice over internet protocol (VoIP) and a video application
4. Plan, configure and test high-availability networks using multilayer switches solution
4.1 Determine network resources needed for implementing high-availability solution for a given network design and requirements
4.2 Produce an implementation plan and a verification plan for the high-availability network using multilayer switches
4.3 Configure, verify and manage first hop redundancy protocols (FHRP)
4.4 Implement switch supervisor redundancy and use network tools to verify the high-availability solution
4.5 Document results of high-availability implementation and verification plans