Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICAPRG602A, 'Manage the development of technical solutions from business specifications'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage the development of technical solutions from business specifications' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Obtain business requirements
1.1 Ensure that business requirements and business specifications have been obtained from the client or appropriate person
1.2 Manage the team’s identification of the client’s business model
1.3 Ensure technical specifications for business problem have been determined
1.4 Manage the confirmation of key stakeholder requirements with stakeholders
1.5 Confirm the documentation of business objectives, technical requirements and problem
2. Evaluate the impact of the technical requirements
2.1 Review the business problems, opportunities and objectives
2.2 Confirm that the technical requirements are complete
2.3 Review hardware, software and network requirements
2.4 Coordinate investigation into the processes to be changed by the business solution
2.5 Review an evaluation document on the impact of the technical requirements on the business
3. Produce technical business solutions
3.1 Confirm the technical solutions produced in response to problems and business requirements
3.2 Review the costs involved to implement
3.3 Review the recommendation from a range of supplier products to determine which one best meets technical requirements
3.4 Review a report on the technical solutions addressing the business specifications and recommendations against business requirements
4. Document and validate the agreed solutions
4.1 Ensure report is forwarded to appropriate person for feedback
4.2 Manage the feedback and incorporate changes as required
4.3 Coordinate redistribution of adjusted reports to appropriate person
4.4 Obtain sign-off on final business solution