Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICPCBF309, 'Produce complex folded and glued cartons'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Produce complex folded and glued cartons' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Maintain operation of carton blank system
1.1 Feeder is monitored and adjusted to ensure continuous and efficient feeding to machine
1.2 Carton blank pick-up and transportation system is monitored and adjusted to ensure accurate and continuous sheet handling and efficient operation
1.3 Transfer systems are monitored and adjusted to ensure correct and continuous carton blank handling and efficient operation
1.4 Substrate is added to process according to job specifications
1.5 Delivery is monitored and adjusted to ensure quality and efficient product delivery
2. Maintain complex carton folding and gluing process
2.1 Registration and accuracy of folds are monitored and adjusted to ensure product quality meets the approved sample standard
2.2 Gluing process is monitored and adjusted to ensure accuracy of glue application and strength of adhesion conforms to quality standards
3. Maintain operation of production process
3.1 Production process is operated in association with fellow workers and according to enterprise specifications and planned daily schedule
3.2 Production is maintained according to work health and safety requirements, manufacturerâ€™s specifications and enterprise procedures
3.3 Performance is monitored and verified using the process control system according to enterprise procedures
3.4 Production difficulties are anticipated and preventive action is taken to prevent occurrence by timely intervention
3.5 Process adjustments to eliminate problems are reported according to enterprise procedures
3.6 Faulty performance of equipment is identified and reported according to enterprise procedures
3.7 Waste is sorted according to enterprise procedures
4. Identify and rectify problems
4.1 Problems in folding and gluing machine operation are identified and reported according to enterprise requirements
4.2 Adjustments or corrections are carried out according to specified procedures and consistent with operatorâ€™s skill level
4.3 Complex folding/gluing machine operation is checked to ensure correct operation
5. Conduct shutdown of production process
5.1 Correct shutdown sequence is followed according to manufacturerâ€™s specifications and enterprise procedures
5.2 Shutdown is conducted in association with fellow workers and in compliance with WHS requirements
5.3 Waste is removed from operating area and recycled or disposed of, where required, according to regulatory requirements and enterprise procedures
5.4 Machine faults requiring repair are identified and reported to designated person, according to enterprise procedures
5.5 Repair/adjustment is verified prior to resumption of operations
6. Clean folding/gluing machine at end of run
6.1 Folding unit is cleaned ready for next run
6.2 Gluing unit is disengaged and cleaned ready for next run
6.3 Transport and delivery systems are cleaned ready for next run
6.4 Production records or other documentation are accurately completed where required by enterprise procedures