Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICPCBF326, 'Undertake pre make-ready for die cutting'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Undertake pre make-ready for die cutting' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Obtain job instuctions and locate forme
1.1 Job sheets or instructions are interpreted correctly
1.2 Existing formes are located in storage area using filing system and new formes and associated tooling are collected from holding location
2. Check cutting forme
2.1 Cutting forme/tooling is checked against master sample for accuracy of cut and fold
2.2 Centre line is located and checked to ensure accuracy of positioning/registration on Bobst
3. Position and set up counters
3.1 Cutting plate is located and prepared for counters
3.2 Counters are accurately positioned and set up on cutting plate to ensure registration with cutting forme
4. Conduct sample cut
4.1 Material to be used for sample cut is obtained
4.2 Cutting forme and cutting plate are accurately positioned on machine
4.3 Machine is operated to produce sample according to enterprise procedures
5. Check sample
5.1 Sample is accurately cut and registration of tooling is precise
5.2 Forme or tooling is adjusted if necessary, according to job specifications
5.3 Sample is confirmed as correct by supervisor if required
6. Set up stripping forme and blank separator
6.1 Pins are positioned on stripping forme to ensure accurate removal of waste board
6.2 Blank separator is set up according to job specifications
7. Undertake filing procedure
7.1 Correct identification number is allocated to cutting formes/tooling and strippers, and recorded
7.2 Information is correctly entered into filing system according to enterprise procedures