Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICPPR495A, 'Set up and use complex colour management for production'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Set up and use complex colour management for production' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Finger-print press
1.1. Suitable test charts are selected or produced
1.2. Press is optimised to workplace standard, in collaboration with the press operator
1.3. Test chart is printed with standard ink densities on any one of a range of stocks
2. Measure press test charts
2.1. Colour measurement devices are calibrated and used to measure printed test charts
2.2. Multiple charts are measured and results recorded
2.3. Software is used to average multiple measurements
3. Create and use custom press profiles
3.1. Appropriate reference file is selected to match the printed chart
3.2. Profiling software is used to create an output press profile from the averaged measurement file and profile is tested and edited if required
3.3. Profile is inserted into the colour workflow
4. Create and use digital device profiles
4.1. Suitable test charts are selected
4.2. The device is calibrated and the test chart is output or digitised
4.3. The test chart is measured using a colour measurement device
4.4. An appropriate reference file is selected to match the test chart
4.5. Software is used to create a profile
4.6. The device profile is inserted into the colour workflow
5. Maintain custom colour management workflow
5.1. Printing conditions are monitored and recorded to ensure adherence to workplace standard
5.2. Digital devices are regularly calibrated