Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICPPRN496, 'Set up and produce complex digital print'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Set up and produce complex digital print' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Liaise with clients
1.1 A productivity analysis on a digital print system is performed to determine guidelines for most productive print method for a range of print applications
1.2 Print services, quality expectations and print costings are communicated to clients according to enterprise procedures
1.3 Productivity advantages and disadvantages of different digital print options are presented to clients according to enterprise procedures
1.4 Advice is provided to clients on appropriate substrates and document finishing methods for digital print jobs according to client budget and job specifications
2. Confirm job specifications
2.1 Print job specifications are read and correctly interpreted from job documentation or production control system
2.2 Availability of all job components is checked according to enterprise procedures
2.3 Finishing requirements of job are confirmed and coordination with internal workflow and/or outsource arrangements is maintained
2.4 Run time of job is determined and completion time is correctly estimated demonstrating consideration of other production demands
3. Set up and maintain digital print system
3.1 Substrate is loaded to correct reel or sheet feeding mechanism and all substrate properties are correctly specified in the user control interface
3.2 Delivery unit is set up on a machine and adjustments made to minor in-line processes on reel-fed machine or on-line finishing settings on sheet-fed machine
3.3 Preventive maintenance is performed on a digital printing system to ensure optimum quality and productivity are achieved
3.4 Common factors affecting print quality and productivity of a digital printing machine are identified and solutions implemented to minimise and/or eliminate these
4. Use complex features of RIP or front-end processor
4.1 Colour adjustments are made to ensure optimum image quality and/or to match sample
4.2 Output profiles are selected according to job specifications
4.3 An imposition method is selected to make best use of stock
4.4 Screen ruling is adjusted to ensure optimal output of job
4.5 Overprints and trapping are adjusted to achieve optimum output
4.6 Finishing options are set up according to job specifications
5. Perform and/or coordinate document proofing
5.1 The type of proofing method is determined according to job specifications
5.2 A digital proof run is conducted for client approval and conformance of proof to job specifications is confirmed
5.3 Internal or external pre-press proofing systems operators are consulted to conduct the proof run and provide job requirement information according to enterprise procedures
5.4 Communication between the client and proofing provider is demonstrated to ensure proof meets job specifications
6. Run digital print job and/or coordinate press print run
6.1 Production schedules, job specifications and enterprise procedures are observed and liaison occurs with internal and/or external production operators to determine start and duration time for the print run
6.2 Completion time for the print run is estimated and communicated to the client and co-workers according to job specifications and enterprise procedures
6.3 An entire digital print run is conducted according to job specifications ensuring that machine productivity and quality are monitored and rectified throughout the duration of the print job