Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICPSCP382, 'Produce computer image for screen printing'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Produce computer image for screen printing' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Prepare for scanning
1.1 Original is scaled to conform to job specifications
1.2 Original is assessed to determine scanner settings
1.3 Original is cleaned and correctly mounted according to job specifications
1.4 Correct settings are selected for original to be scanned
2 Scan and check image
2.1 Original is scanned according to quality requirements
2.2 Quality of scanned image is checked against job specifications
2.3 Appropriate software is applied for any processing of text if necessary
3 Prepare combining strategy
3.1 Required data from electronic files is accessed
3.2 Appropriate application is opened to undertake combining tasks
3.3 Required fonts are accessed according to job specifications
4 Combine data
4.1 Page layout size is created according to job specifications
4.2 Elements are placed in page according to job specifications
4.3 Trapping (spread and chokes) is applied according to job specifications
4.4 Step and repeat function is accessed according to job specifications
4.5 Elements are stepped according to job specifications
4.6 Output menu is configured according to job specifications
5 Access and maintain output device
5.1 Output devices are set up and maintained according to manufacturer or supplier specifications and enterprise procedures
5.2 Suitable material is identified and loaded into output device
6 Produce image
6.1 System is activated to initiate output according to job specifications
6.2 Quality is monitored according to enterprise procedures