Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTCBL2017B, 'Alter services to existing cable system'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Alter services to existing cable system' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare to alter services to existing cable system
1.1 Survey the site to determine system alteration requirements to existing cable system
1.2 Inform appropriate personnel of identified hazards on work site
1.3 Organise equipment and materials to meet required industry standards and ensure compatibility with existing system
1.4 Arrange access to site according to required procedures
2. Alter cable system
2.1 Follow occupational health and safety (OHS) and environmental requirements for the given work and according to industry standards
2.2 Alter system so that it conforms to client system specifications according to requirements of relevant legislation, codes, regulations and standards
3. Restore and test cable system
3.1 Confirm compatibility of alterations with existing systems
3.2 Test new work in isolation and when integrated with existing systems
3.3 Rectify any faults
4. Complete records and clean up site
4.1 Update plans and documents to show revised systems accurately and clearly, or create new plans as appropriate
4.2 Remove installation waste and debris from work site and dispose of according to environmental requirements to maintain safe work site conditions
4.3 Reinstate site according to customer and company requirements
4.4 Complete TCA1 form and sign off with customer to record satisfaction