Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTCBL307, 'Install underground enclosures and conduit'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Install underground enclosures and conduit' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Prepare for installation of underground enclosure and conduit
1.1 Prepare for given work according to relevant legislation, codes, regulations and standards
1.2 Arrange access to site according to required procedure
1.3 Inform appropriate personnel of existing and potential hazards on worksite
1.4 Verify location of proposed installation according to appropriate plans obtained from authorised personnel
1.5 Obtain information on location of other services from relevant authorities
1.6 Organise tools and equipment for given work and safe work practice
1.7 Erect barriers according to safety requirements
2. Install enclosure and conduit
2.1 Excavate site, maintaining stability and allowing ease of access
2.2 Construct or install enclosure or pit according to design specifications and following work health and safety (WHS) and environmental requirements
2.3 Install conduit to specifications and manufacturerâ€™s requirements, ensuring that internal surfaces are free from impediments and sharp edges due to cable hauling
2.4 Seal conduit entry into enclosure against ingress of foreign matter
2.5 Install cable support structure and access facilities in pits to specifications
3. Restore site and complete documentation
3.1 Complete backfill safely using suitable spoil and materials that ensure conduit protection
3.2 Reinstate site to identified requirements
3.3 Complete reports on installation and design amendments accurately and file promptly according to enterprise requirements
3.4 Notify client and obtain sign off