Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTGAM511, 'Manage testing of games and interactive media'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage testing of games and interactive media' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Determine the quality requirements statement that will enable product release
1.1 Review the picture of the product in the market place to determine high-level requirements provided by the product, for expected clients, considering all types of requirements
1.2 Define a releasable product in terms of outstanding bugs, to enable a limited release and a complete product release
1.3 Summarise findings into a product release, enabling quality requirements statement
1.4 Confirm that the client requirements and development specifications are in agreement for product release, to enable the preparation of a quality requirements statement
2. Define test plan that enables testing of required quality as defined by quality requirements statement
2.1 Determine expected test cycles during the software development life cycle, considering the development methodology in use and the quality requirements for the productâ€™s release
2.2 Determine the types of testing to be performed during the test cycles, to enable the efficiency of processes, and the confirmation of the quality requirements statement
2.3 Determine the testing methods to be used to implement the testing types defined for the identified test cycles
2.4 Determine the testing technique to be used to determine test cases, and analyse results
2.5 Perform the test cycle until a combination is found that provides an acceptable balance of cost, quality and risk, and on which upper management and development team can agree
2.6 Select test-support software to enable efficiency in testing and testing management
2.7 Define implementation details for agreed testing and the team responsible for testing management
2.8 Define reporting details for testing throughout the product life cycle to enable ongoing management of the testing process
2.9 Confirm test plan completeness using available completeness techniques
2.10 Confirm the test plan with development team and management
3. Install and configure test plan defined test support software
3.1 Install and configure the bug tracking process, and define bug description fields to maximise efficiency, and minimise possibilities of bouncing bugs
3.2 Install and configure test case management software
3.3 Install and configure test cycle management and reporting software
3.4 Install and configure automated test tools
4. Manage testing process to enable defined quality requirements
4.1 Manage and report on the development of test cases
4.2 Manage and report on test cycle status
4.3 Manage and report on outstanding bug status
4.4 Manage and report on the status of product testing related to product release, enabling a quality requirements statement
4.5 Update the test plan and schedule to deal with changing development conditions, and to ensure that management is informed
4.6 Manage bugs to ensure efficient bug handling and resolution
4.7 Manage the test environment, including setup, receipt of test builds and clean-up
5. Finalise testing for release
5.1 Produce testing results for management review prior to release
5.2 Manage test product freeze for final release and final test run
5.3 Confirm the product, release enabling, and ensure that quality requirements have been met