Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTNPL401, 'Apply business acumen to network planning'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply business acumen to network planning' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Analyse forecasts using customer demand
1.1 Gather and organise information concerning customer service and usage data to determine customer demand
1.2 Determine trends in customer demands in specific customer operating environments and markets
1.3 Assess key measures of capacity and customer demand for forecast
2. Build models to develop business cases
2.1 Construct a model to represent key options to formulate strategic proposals in network planning
2.2 Determine rights of carriers and service providers in installing facilities under Commonwealth legislation
2.3 Produce a strategic network plan using key variables, and communicate them to intended audience
2.4 Apply business case methodology to determine key economic measures and risks to business success
2.5 Evaluate business value and options to recommend appropriate planning strategy
3. Apply financial analysis
3.1 Use a financial investment tool relevant to the business environment to determine financial viability of the planning project
3.2 Apply key economic measures in an analysis process and develop business strategy
3.3 Determine relevant level of financial analysis required to optimise network planning
4. Analyse demographic trends for strategy development
4.1 Gather demographic data and determine impact of demographic diversity on planning strategies
4.2 Analyse data and produce demographic trends for use in strategy developments in network planning
5. Assess technology implementation
5.1 Determine unit costs associated with technologies and products by using lifecycle of technologies
5.2 Research what different technology bases can deliver and circumstances and locations in which they should be successfully deployed
6. Evaluate network deployment architecture
6.1 Evaluate network deployment architecture using network deployment rules and reasoning behind architecture rules
6.2 Produce a business model of network planning, applying commercial considerations and exemption process