Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTNPL407, 'Plan the deployment of core network'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan the deployment of core network' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Scope the project
1.1 Prepare for work according to site-specific safety requirements and enterprise work health and safety (WHS) processes and procedures
1.2 Determine the type of core network by accessing and using network information sources
1.3 Produce a brief showing how core network architecture components relate to the larger network and their impact on the work
1.4 Evaluate equipment type and technologies to be considered to determine availability and compatibility with existing network equipment
1.5 Obtain resources and equipment needed for the work according to enterprise procedures and check for correct operation and safety
1.6 Assess capacity limitation of platforms in context of the work to ensure maximum network performance
1.7 Determine product capability and calculate allowable capacity of the core network to allow for network growth
2. Produce deployment plan for a core network
2.1 Assess demand for the core network using key geographic, demographic, forecast and bandwidth data
2.2 Identify key parameters of the core network to be measured for capacity management
2.3 Produce a preliminary deployment plan for the core network using architectural principles and assessed demand to maintain integrity of the core network
2.4 Assess additional planning requirements for voice over internet protocol (VoIP) and wireless voice networks from voice networks, and for hosting and content distribution networks from media and content networks
2.5 Create a financial business case for deployment of the core network based on assessed demand to justify a return on investment (RoI) and operational costs
2.6 Discuss unexpected situations with appropriate personnel, with consideration to job specifications, safety and enterprise procedures to establish a solution
3. Complete work and report its impact on network performance
3.1 Produce final deployment plan including recommendations agreed with customer
3.2 Provide a report on network monitoring techniques used to manage the network to ensure the network is performing at optimum level