Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTNPL410, 'Plan the telecommunications access network for an estate'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan the telecommunications access network for an estate' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Gather data on network usage for planning activity
1.1 Determine the type of access network by accessing and using network information sources
1.2 Collect planning data using network information sources to determine network trends
1.3 Evaluate new and emerging technologies to determine availability and compatibility with existing network equipment
1.4 Access relevant legislation and associated regulatory and operational codes
2. Evaluate need for network growth
2.1 Evaluate capacity of the existing network to absorb planned growth
2.2 Identify need and likely timing of necessary network increments
2.3 Assess new or alternate technologies to rectify network shortfall
2.4 Identify barriers relating to planned network extensions impacting planning the network realisation
2.5 Assess the impact of not meeting network shortfall needs and long term ramifications on the business
3. Develop solution and network plan to address network shortfall
3.1 Review overall planning parameters prior to commencement of the planning process to produce forecasts for specific network area and cost-benefit analysis
3.2 Establish the optimum solution to address network shortfall with justification for the proposal
3.3 Determine project details and ascertain preliminary costing and resource requirements
3.4 Determine availability of required technology or technology features within the specified timeframe
3.5 Produce a specific network plan with solution and recommendations for anticipated projects for approval according to enterprise procedures